Returning the Goods
The goods may be replaced or returned in accordence with the procedures established by the legaslation in force in the European Union.
When choosing the delivery of goods through the parcel service, if you notice damage to the package when accepting the parcel, notify the courier or parcel post operator who delivered the parcel immediately and ask for a package damage report. When the ordered goods have been accepted and the parcel document is signed without a comment, the parcel is considered to have been delivered in an orderly manner.
It is not possible to return the goods of good quality within 14 days if the returned goods are food products.
We undertake to replace goods of inappropriate quality or return the money paid for them if the goods are of inadequate quality due to the fault of the seller or manufacturer and no defects caused by the buyer’s fault are identified.
Information on business days 8:30-17:00, by telephone: +370 620 84328 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation of Agreement. Goods’ replacement and return:
1 The Buyer has the right not to explain the reasons for terminating the Sale and Purchase Agreement concluded in the Store by notifying the Seller in writing no later than 14 (fourteen) calendar days from the date of delivery of the goods or the date of delivery.
2 After submitting a written notice of cancellation, the Buyer must return the product (if it was delivered) no later than within 14 (fourteen) calendar days by sending it to the Seller's registration address. The cost of returning / sending the goods is borne by the Buyer.
3. The Seller shall return to the Buyer no later than within 14 (fourteen) calendar days all sums paid for the purchase and delivery of the Goods. The Seller has the right not to return the sums paid to the Buyer until the goods are returned to the Seller or until the Buyer provides proof that the Goods have been shipped to the Seller.
4. For the reasons specified in Clause 1 of the Rules, the returned Goods must be undamaged, have no loss of commercial appearance (unbroken and undamaged label, non-teared protective film, etc.), consumable properties and cannot be used. The Goods must be returned in the original package, the same package as the Buyer received, necessarily providing the purchase of the Goods and other documents. If the Goods are not fully assembled, are damaged, irregular, or not properly packaged, the Seller has the right not to accept the goods, not to change them and not to return the money paid for the goods by the Buyer.
5. The Buyer, having acquired the defective Goods and having recorded them in accordance with the procedure set out in Clause 4.7 of the Purchase-Sale Rules, has the right to apply to the Seller with a request within 14 (fourteen) calendar days from the delivery/retrieving of the Goods:
5.1. to replace with similar good quality Goods;
5.2. to reduce the purchase price of the Goods;
5.3. to unilaterally terminate the Agreement and return the price paid for the Goods.
6. In the case referred to in Clause 5.1 of the Rules, the Seller shall bear the costs of returning the Goods and the delivery of similar goods.
7. In the case specified in Clause 5.3 of the Rules, the Seller shall refund the price of the Goods paid to the Buyer, including delivery costs, as well as bear the cost of returning the Goods to the Seller.
8. In all cases, the money is not returned to the Buyer for those Goods, which were obviously intentionally or negligently damaged by water, high temperature, sharp objects, etc., and the Buyer has not detected the relevant violations and has not recorded them in accordance with Clause 4.7 of the Purchase-Sale Rules.
9. If the Buyer is not supplied with the Goods it ordered, the Buyer shall inform the Seller thereof within 3 (three) business days, and at its own expense shall undertake to replace them with the appropriate Goods.
10. In case the Seller does not have the ordered Goods, it shall return the money paid to the Goods to the Buyer no later than within 14 (fourteen) calendar days from the day of ordering the Goods, informing the Buyer accordingly about the situation.